The Clean & Safe Program, created by the Portuguese Tourism Board, follows recommendations by the DGS – Direcção Geral de Saúde (Portuguese Wealth Board)
with the main objective of avoiding the spread of the “new Coronavirus “SARS-CoV-2.
Companies that comply with the program’s Clean and Safe regulations and create and enforce standards
to safeguard the wellbeing of their staff members and their guests are awarded with the Clean & Safe Stamp.
Bellow, Clean & Safe Requirements for Tour Operators, including those with Offices and Shops;
PROVIDE TRAINING TO ALL STAFF MEMBERS
All staff members receive proper information and training as following:
> Internal protocol regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
> How to apply and closely follow basic precautions and measures to avoid and control the spread of the COVID-19 as follows:
– Hand Sanitizing: regularly wash hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds or use hand disinfectant,
containing at least 70º alcohol and making sure to cover all parts of the hands and rubbing them until they dry out.
– Respiratory Etiquette: cough or sneeze into the flexed forearm or into a tissue, which needs to be properly discarded right away into a trash bin.
After coughing, coughing or blowing the nose, immediately proceed with the hand sanitizing processes. Always avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
– Social Conduct: minimize frequency and ways of contact between member of staff and between these and guests,
avoiding when possible, close contact, shaking hands, kissing, shared workplaces, face to face meetings and sharing food, utensils, glasses, towels etc.
> How to comply with daily self-monitorization to determine fever (measure body temperature and log the value and time of measure)
and to verify presence of any coughs or breathing difficulties.
> How to comply with orientations and procedures given by DGS, regarding the cleaning of surfaces, materials and clothes in establishments.
PROVIDED SERVICES GUARANTEES
– When indoors, complying in the maximum occupancy per m2 recommended by DGS.
– Advising all guests how to and maintaining a safe social distance between participants during all group activities and as per recommendations by DGS.
– Complying with the maximum occupancy during transportation as recommended by DGS.
– When possible, providing necessary information using digital or online resources.
– Promoting and guaranteeing internal hygiene and safety protocols are followed by all activity partners.
– Guarantee that at any given time, there is a staff member responsible and able to follow proper procedures in case of suspicion of infection,
(take those with symptoms to an isolation area, providing necessary assistance and contacting with Wealth Authorities).
– If an infection suspicion proves to be positive, proceed with decontaminating of the isolation area.
Reinforce the cleaning and disinfection in case of any suspicion of infection, paying special attention to commonly and frequently used surfaces and following the indications by DGS.
– Properly store and close in a plastic bag all residues produced by patients with suspicion of infection,
which then need to be dealt by proper authorities.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO GUESTS
All Guests receive the following info:
– How to comply with basic precaution measures to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.
– Information on the companies’ internal protocol on dealing with COVID-19.
THE COMPANY GUARANTEES
– In accordance with internal protocol, the cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces used by all staff members and guests, guaranteeing the control and prevention of infections.
– Cleaning, regularly throughout the day, all shared usage surfaces and objects, including counters, light switches, doorknobs, etc).
– Give preference to “wet cleaning” instead of vacuuming.
– Regularly proceed with ventilation of closed spaces.
THE COMPANY HAS
– Sufficient individual protection equipment for all staff members participating in activities.
– Sufficient individual protection equipment for Guests participating in activities.
– Cleaning materials and products in stock, including disinfectant wipes, bleach and 70º alcohol.
– Alcohol based antiseptic solutions at the entrance of the establishment and other relevant locations.
– Available trash containers.
– Liquid hand soap and paper towels available in sanitary installations.
THE COMPANIES INTERNAL CLEANING PROTOCAL GUARANTEES
– Washing at high temperatures (around 60ºC) all clothing and accessories used on activities by staff members and guests.
– Whenever needed, supplying alcohol based hand sanitizing products.
– After each activity, proceed with the sanitation and disinfection of all equipment’s used, in accordance with rules and best practices applied to different equipment.
– After each activity, proceed with the sanitation and disinfection of used, transportation means, in accordance with rules and best practices applied to different transportation means.